Today we are talking all things yummy, yet kind of healthy.
Over the past few months I have been looking for a healthy (ish) snack to have in the afternoons at work, to get me through those last few hours before home time! Now I know there are plenty of snacks on the market, however they are not the cheapest. So I set about the internet for ideas and inspiration, which concluded in this….
3No Ripe Bananas
2No Scoops of Peanut Butter
11/2 – 2 Bowls of Oats
Non-essential, but nice to add – seeds, nuts, raisins, blueberries. (essentially anything you have at home that you would like to include!)
Now, even I can make this, so I’m pretty sure anyone can!
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 190 degrees.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, or grease the tin.
3. Mash 3 bananas in a big mixing bowl.
4. Pop two large scoops of peanut butter (depending on how much you like it) in a little saucepan on a low heat and just let it melt down.
5. Add any extras you would like to the banana, this week I stirred in raisins, sunflowers seeds, blueberries, pumpkin seeds and almond flakes.
6. Add the melted peanut butter to the mixing bowl of ingredients and stir together.
Here comes the guessing part…
7. I have written 1 1/2 – 2 bowls of oats, but I basically put in enough so that the oat the wet ingredients is pretty even. If you want a less oaty based flapjack then obviously refrain from putting as much in. However I love oats so I tend to put quite a lot in, just make sure the mixture is still slightly sticky and moist when you mix it together.
8. Pour the mixture into your baking tray. You can make these into little balls, biscuits or just spread it out in the tray.
9. Pop the flapjack in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, depending on how well cooked you like it.
10. Leave to cool.
I personally really love this as an afternoon snack, sometimes with a cup of tea. I find it perfect for keeping me full and energised for the gym and I’m hungry just in time when I get home for tea!
Hope you enjoy, let me know of anything else you would like me to try out.