Welcome back my lovelies, today I’m going to talk about simple and easy ways to up your ‘fitness’ a little and mix more exercise into your day to day life.
Fitness is probably something I struggle with the most! I’ve just never ever ever been ‘super’ fit. I can do about 5 burpees until I need to take a break, but I can walk for ages with no problem haha. Fitness is very strange, everyone is unique and everyone has their own levels – which is something you 100% need to remember. You are never going to be the same as anyone else no matter what you do! & you shouldn’t want to be the same, just be you & work on yourself.
- Take the stairs – an obvious choice, but its such a good work out.
- Walk – anywhere pretty much! If you live within walking distance of places you normally drive to… walk to them, this will really increase your step count for the day and get your body moving.
- Drink water – again so many people preach this, but it is so good for you! Just drink drink drink… (water).
- HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training. This is so unbelievable amazing for you, if you’re not a gym goer do not fear, you can generally do HIIT workouts anywhere (along as you have a big enough space). You can make them as short or as long as you want, I usually watch a real time youtube video and follow it/cry while doing it (lolz). Burpees are the devil.
- Research your food – I use ‘my fitness pal’ and the ‘fit bit’ app to scan my food. I don’t necessarily log my food or track my macros etc. But I find it super interesting/helpful to know what exactly I’m putting in my body – proteins, cards and fats. Either apps are great for when you’re in the super market as you can just scan the barcode and it will tell you the info about the item.
I hope this helps some of you! Feel free to share any tips you have.